Transform unstructured documents into useful, analytics-ready data via natural language processing (NLP) and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve care.
CONSENSUS CLARITY - NLP in HEALTHCAREEnable Faster Patient Care with NLP & Machine Learning
HOW NLP IN HEALTHCARE LETS CLINICIANS PROVIDE BETTER QUALITY CARE
Clarity’s intelligent NLP data extraction solution transforms unstructured documents like digital scans and faxes into structured, actionable data. Clarity uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning to unveil valuable, insightful information that can be sent to the right place, person, and time – to accelerate patient treatment across the continuum of care.
Natural Language Processing (NLP) in Healthcare
Clinicians and administrators alike are looking for faster and easier ways to interpret simple unstructured documents and extract the vital information they need. Now that NLP healthcare technology can be applied to processes, automated healthcare data extraction is no longer a dream, but a reality, leading to actionable insights in a shorter amount of time.
Faster decisions lead to faster patient care, and when it comes to healthcare every minute could mean the difference between life and death. With Clarity’s NLP healthcare solution, patient information can be automatically ingested into a patient’s EHR to enable clinical treatment within hours. Without intelligent data extraction and machine learning, it may take weeks for the patient to receive care.
How Does Machine Learning Improve Clarity’s Data Extraction Processes?
With Clarity’s NLP for healthcare solution, providers can receive documents with automatically extracted information such as patient demographics and clinical details. For example, a provider can convert unstructured digital cloud fax documents into a C-CDA using Clarity NLP AI that can be easily consumed by an electronic health record (EHR). More data can bring better decision-making and also enable faster care.
- Extracts structured medical content and demographic data from unstructured digital documents to help prioritize clinical workflows, resulting in
- Automatically applies data (patient IDs, demographic information, etc.) to the right fields in a
- Flags specific data points (in checkboxes and typed text) for actions, such as sending notifications to clinicians for
- Provides a confidence score for each
- Learns continuously as it reads and processes, becoming more intelligent
- Integrates with EHRs, enabling an EHR system to consume an inbound digital fax, parse the data, and populate the correct fields in the
- Integrates with eFax Corporate® cloud faxing for
Benefits of Clarity for NLP in Healthcare:
- Increase accuracy – Avoid human error by applying machine learning to digital unstructured fax or
- Access critical information quickly, helping providers and other participants in the
- Reduce physician burnout and work overload by eliminating
- Improve efficiency and prioritization of clinical workflows for
- Improve patient satisfaction – get more from your records when they are historically complete and accurate; faster treatment means that patients spend less time waiting for care, which often leads to faster recovery and
Extract Vital Data Faster; Connect With Clinicians Sooner, Administer Care Earlier
Why Clarity for NLP in Healthcare?
Clarity includes the most advanced natural language processing (NLP) and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities available today and pairs with our cloud-based digital faxing solution, eFax Corporate®—the most widely used platform for transmitting ePHI by fax for more than 25 years.
Unlike other commercial offerings, Clarity supports context-based understanding—meaning it reads the entire document and applies machine-learned intelligence developed specifically for medical understanding.
Consensus Clarity transforms digital unstructured documents into useful and actionable data, improving and accelerating communications. Clarity’s NLP healthcare technology helps solve today’s toughest healthcare interoperability challenges. Clarity removes roadblocks and optimizes resources across the continuum of care.
Sample data Flow:
Consensus Clarity Output
Unstructured to structured document
Request A Meeting